Living in Phoenix is perfect for easy access to other fun-filled cities. You don’t have to travel far to get to Texas, California, New Mexico or Nevada. We offer several helpful resources for traveling to amazing new places that are within a day’s trip.
If you have your heart set on visiting Las Vegas, we want to make sure you know the best way to get there.
How far is Phoenix from Las Vegas?
If you are driving nonstop, Las Vegas is about 290 miles from Phoenix, making it about a four-and-half-hour drive. Make sure you stay aware of your gas gauge because there are not many gas stations in some stretches along the way.
What are the best routes to take?
Reaching Las Vegas from Phoenix is pretty simple. Once you get on U.S. Route 93, it is a straight shot from Wickenburg to Vegas. There are two recommended routes you can take:
- Route 1: Heading north out of Phoenix on I-17, exit west on the Loop 303. Traveling southwest, you’ll come to U.S. 60. (From south Phoenix or the East Valley, take I-10 west out of Phoenix to the 303 and turn north until you reach U.S. 60.) Take U.S. 60 northwest to Wickenburg, where you turn north onto U.S. 93. Eventually you will cross over the Hoover Dam into Nevada. When you get to Vegas, take exit 75 for Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Route 2: Once you reach Kingman in northwest Arizona, turn west on U.S. 68/163. After passing Bullhead City and Laughlin, go north of U.S. 95, which eventually meets U.S. 93 outside Vegas and Henderson. Although this route is 20-plus miles longer, it avoids traffic congestion at Hoover Dam and often is faster.
What are some cool sites to see along the way
- Hoover Dam: Consider taking a tour of the 1,244-foot-long dam, which attracts more than a million visitors annually.
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area: Formed by Hoover Dam, Lake Mead is the largest reservoir in the U.S. and offers visitors a variety of activities, including boating, fishing and sunbathing.
- Hualapai Mountain County Park: Ten miles of high-country hiking trails of various difficulty are located southeast of Kingman.
At Heers Management, we are dedicated to providing the best tips for living a comfortable, fun-filled life in Arizona. Feel free to contact us with questions you have about your apartment, things to do and nearby destinations.