As we all know, it’s important to stay hydrated in the heat of The Valley of the Sun. Maybe that’s why we locals take our bar scene very seriously! These important watering holes are always hopping in Phoenix, and with good reason.
Here are some of the best bars in The Valley:
- Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails: Blue Hound is located in downtown Phoenix. This is an American gastro-lounge with a large selection of bourbon, Scotch and gin which the bar staff makes into fun cocktails. The Blue Hound Burger is highly recommended, as are their deviled eggs. The service here is great, too.
- Rum Bar: Rum Bar is the place to sip rum in Phoenix. Sit at the bar and order an unfrozen daiquiri, a mojito or try one of their awesome rum flights. They also sell Jamaican cigars, because the bar’s owner, Dwayne Allen, is from Jamaica.
- Bar Crudo: Bar Crudo has been one of the most popular bars in Phoenix for years. Located in the Arcadia neighborhood, they cook up fresh dishes that change with the season and have some signature drinks, which have become fan favorites. One big plus is that their happy hours are daily—you can grab their classic drinks for just $7 as well as apps to pair with those drinks for just $5. This is one of the best all-around bars in the city.
- Stinger’s Sports Bar: Sports fans looking for a great sports bar need look no further than Stinger’s. Located on the west side of town, Stinger’s has enough pool tables to accommodate everyone who wants to play; and they offer off-track betting and arcade games. Belly up to the bar and order one of their signature bombers, which are always on special. They also have 16 beers on tap and there’s always a game on. Stinger’s opens at 6 a.m. so you never miss a game, no matter where it’s played.
- The Ostrich: Finally, head to the East Valley for wonderful, skillfully-crafted drinks at The Ostrich. They are located in the basement of the San Marcos hotel, where the city’s founder, Dr. A.J. Chandler, is said to have kept a large amount of ostrich feathers. The Ostrich serves Prohibition-style cocktails. Right now their specialty is classic drinks, but they’ll be adding new signature drinks regularly.
No matter your style, the bars in Phoenix have you covered. Phoenix nightlife is all about keeping hydrated! And, if you’re looking to move to the area, rental apartments in Phoenix can be found in the vicinity of these great pubs!